CHRISTMAS IN A MISSION 2016
Dear Friend and family may your 2016 Christmas be centered on Jesus!
we are grateful for your prayers and support throughout 2016
The YWAM Base
We are full of hope as we approach this Christmas;
After much back and forth and the many challenges in finding a house for YWAM Saint Lucia we have finally gotten a house with 4 bedrooms convertible into 5 bedrooms with a self contained 2 bedroom apartment close to the Reduit Beach in Gros Islet. We praise God for the flexibility the property can give us in planning YWAM activities for the upcoming years. This comes with some challenges that we trust God to help us tackle. The rent will cost us EC$1600 (US$600) more than at the old location per month.
We sense God’s challenge is for us to grow; please join us with whatever God places on your heart on a monthly basis, do not neglect the little you can do to make a difference.
After our busy summer Keegan and Merlisha spent the month visiting various churches to promote the January DTS, and also on a weekly basis assisted at the homeless shelter in Castries.
Early this month the Korean Team led by Rev Jay Yoon from YWAM BC visited and held numerous prayer station in and around Castries City. As usual it was such a blessing to have them around and eating Kimshee with them. We are praying for more local volunteers to keep the prayer station weekly.
Our “Life Revolution” Bible focus DTS is planned for January 22nd, we have 5 students accepted, two of whom are a family who will be coming with their 3 children. Please pray for them as they raise the funds to take this adventure with God and do not hesitate to invest in them if God prompts you to do so - let us know!
OPERATION CHRISTMAS COOKIES TREAT
Every year under the direction of Marylin we have made cookies and cakes to bless some of our YWAM friends, supporters, the Police and Firemen in our town this Christmas season.
PART TIME COURSES AT THE BASE
We have been preparing a Part Time course to reach out to the numerous locals that find it difficult to attend a regular DTS; the course is entitled Missions and Discipleship 1 and 2 and will be registered for credits at the UofN (University of the Nations) and covers 6 to 7 hours per week and each of the two sections lasting 6 months.
The course will be grounded on the DTS content with some extra on missions and flexible outreaches when participants take their vacation. Please pray that we will be able to launch this program by February2017
Merlisha completed her 2 year commitment with YWAM Saint Lucia and has now left for other exiting steps in her calling. We thank God for her service with us throughout the 2 years.
Nicole: is attending the Bible Core Course (BCC) in San Jose, Costa Rica and will be away until March 2017. Thanks for continuing to pray for her.
Keegan our newest staff who came in this year after his DTS in St Vincent will be staffing the January DTS with Guy and Marylin. We are trusting God for his wisdom and direction.
Guy Marylin and Asaph thank you for your continual encouragement and support.
PRAISE AND PRAYER POINTS
- for allowing us to get this new house that will give us for sure more flexibility for ministry for the next 5 years; also for the owner for giving him the peace to entrust his house to us.
- Praise God for the 5 Students accepted for the upcoming “Life Revolution” DTS and any other who may show up last minute. (Two of the students is a couple with their 3 home schooled children) and there are 3 single ladies.
- for the house at La Retraite Road and the Landlord who have accommodated us for the past 5 years or so, that God will continue to show them his Love
- The next DTS in January. God has been giving us the peace to trust in Him and not in our own strength; pray that the preparation of the DTS planned to start on January 22nd, 2017 will be directed by God
- pray for the speakers' availability.
- pray for the staff that we (Guy, Keegan, Marylin) will be ready and strengthen by God for the DTS and the other ministry we are planning.
- Pray for provision of the extra EC$1600 (US$600) monthly to complement the rent of the new base.
- we need teams and mission builders to help us make some repairs and adjustments at the new base, pray that God will send them our way