May you be blessed as you take your time out to read my newsletter
DTS 2016 is here!!!!!!!!
It serves me great joy to be writing to you today. I am doing pretty much fine, continuing to trust and believe in God and His word.
Great news!!!!!! On the 7th of last month I celebrated my 23rd birthday, which was wonderful. It was amazing spending time with wonderful people like some of you. Thank you for all the love, calls and messages on that day, you guys made it a lot more special.
Oh WOW!!!!!! How quickly time passes by, the saying is appearing to be more real than I thought, and “time waits for no man.” It feels like it was only yesterday we were preparing for and promoting the DTS, now we’re already in the fourth week going into the fifth week of the school, My, my, my.
We are so thankful to have our five students here with us, hailing from four different nations, four young ladies and one young man. Denielle Williams 24 of Jamaica, Tessa Glashower 19 of the US, Taylor Ann Green 21 also from the US, our very own Kerima Antoine 32 and Mikael Fredrikson 19 of Sweden. This year the focus of the school is the Bible and the theme is “Passion for Jesus.” We are in the process of reading the Bible from cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation. It is very interesting and also encouraging to see that every time I read the bible, no matter what passage of scripture, something new always seem to unfold. So I am extremely excited to see what the Lord will use His word to do in the lives of the students and the transformation that will take place as they read and apply the principles that they will receive in their lives.
For the first week we had Ms Marsha Pascal, DTS leader of YWAM Grenada come in to speak on Hearing the Voice of God, Intimate Friendship with God and worship. One of the things that she reminded me of is that worship is a lifestyle; it is not just a one day activity. Everything that I do, think or say should bring glory to God. Oh! What a solid foundation she built. My prayer is that those teachings will not only remain in the students’ heads but it will sink deep in their hearts, where they will be able to live it out.
In week two we had another lecturer from Grenada, Wayne Mitchell, who taught on The Cross. One of the things which really had me during that teaching was the scripture passage in Mathew 27:34 'they gave Him sour wine mixed with gall to drink, but when tasted it, He would not drink.' Sour wine mixed with gall when consumed numbs the human body, so in order for Jesus to be pain free they gave it Him to drink. He refused, out of Love He received every lash and endured till the very end and accomplished the task that He was sent to do.
Week three was one of the most interesting weeks, for the first three days, Wayne taught on how to do an inductive bible study. After going through the methods, we had a practical study on the book of Philemon, it was so amazing to see how much can be taken from such a small book in the bible.
Pastor Zifus also came in to teach on the Bible. I had the privilege to learn at least two words in Hebrew, which i have already forgotten.
Last week we had our very own base director Guy Weka teaching on the Nature and Character of God. One of the things that i was reminded of, is that I was personally designed by God and because of that I must know who I am in Him.
I am so thankful for the work that God have already started in the lives of the students, i pray that as the weeks passes by they will continue to prepare their hearts and make it available for the Lord to give them fresh revelation.
- YWAM St. Lucia DTS 2016 has started and things are progressing smoothly
- Praise God, all five students are here safe and sound, despite some of the challenges that were faced, especially with the weather in the US, the two girls are here and now our team is complete.
- There is already such a great bond among the students.
- For strength, the program is really tight and sometimes can be very demanding
- That what ever it is that the students will receive from the teachings they will apply it to their lives, and they will allow God to do what it is that He wants to do in them
- That the students will be able to adjust to the new environment, the food, climate and the culture
- That I will find more persons to partner with me in prayer and finances.
- Finances for the students who have not completed paying their school fees
- Outreach location, we are still in the process of praying aand listening to God as to where exactly he wants us this year. The two locations we're looking at are The Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. Please pray that as we listen to God he will speak and we will walk in total obedience concerning the location, not where we want but where he want us.
How to Give:
If you would like to be a blessing by supporting me if the Lord is placing in your heart to, you can contact me at:
Facebook: Merlisha Ray
Telephone number/ whatsapp 1758 720 2159