Courses such as the YWAM DTS is accredited with the University of the Nations (U of N) and upon successfully completing the DTS lecture (IDS701) and field assignment (IDS702) you can receive between 19 and 22 credits. These credits may be applied to a degree program with University of the Nations or transferred with certain colleges and universities within and out of the United States.
What is a YWAM DTS
An adventure of a lifetime that will let you deepen your relationship with God and experience serving in different ways!
The YWAM Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Saint Lucia is not just a School; It is a five to six month full time life transforming program in the Caribbean, designed to equip and empower you with God’s heart as an individual and the nations. The DTS is about learning more about who God is and letting Him transform you and use you to communicate His character to others along the way. It is a soul-searching adventure to to help you build your faith, and following Jesus steps. A perfect Gap year program for those in need !
Just as our YWAM Base Our DTS in Saint Lucia is Bilingual DTS English / French; this mean Lecture made in one of the Language could be translated in the other.
When we have a Bible focus DTS Students read and complete the Bible by the end of the program we have group reading session with application questions.
When we have a Transformation DTS students complete a personal Bible study on Developing Godly Character by the end of the program. with a study guide and application questions.
This is the perfect Program for you to learn more about who your creator and His heart for the Nations and those in need.
Come and join us for a Caribbean DTS! Apply for the next School..
For a DTS in the Caribbean, the right location for you could be Saint Lucia....
Wether you are from North America : United States (USA), Canada,Mexico; Western Europe: France, United Kingdom (UK), Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland et... The Caribbean: Guyana, Barbados, Trinida and Tobago, St. Vincent, Grenada, the DR etc..., or South Central America: Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Chili, Costa Rica, but also as far as Australia, New Zealand, Korea or more, the YWAM DTS in Saint Lucia is a YWAM DTS in the Caribbean for You! Contact us to enquire.
Summer Mission Adventures
The YWAM Saint Lucia Summer Mission Adventure is planned between end July and early August each year.
This is the place for young people to make themselves available to God for His glory while having fun fun fun!
Our summer program is a strategy in mobilizing the Caribbean Wave.
It takes place right here in beautiful Saint Lucia; two weeks to deepen your relationship with God and to grow in serving others. Two dynamic Christ-centered weeks that do not neglect recreation; with teachings, games, evangelism, sports, adventure, and more for ages sixteen and over (we can accept 14 years old, but please contact us).
Every year we also have a few persons above age 30. If this is your case, please let us know so that we can discuss how you can integrate within the group.
Places are limited register online now:
Each of the course will require a minimum 6 Hours Per weeks for 25 to 27 weeks for at least two day per week:
6:00 PM to 9:00 Pm
The exact days of the week will be decided at the 1st meeting with the accepted students.
To complete the full standard DTS Lecture phase curriculum participant have to complete the two course MDTS1 and MDTS2
YWAM Part Time Training
Until recently most YWAM Training Programs including the Life changing DTS have been exclusively full time - live in programs-
If you are busy working everyday and unable to be part of a Full Time and live in training like our DTS at the moment... then part time is for you !
We have put in place modules including similar content with nearly the same curriculum on a part time schedule, with less of the live in components to allow busy people to be able to benefit from it...
Because this program also intends to mobilize and sensitize on World Missions, it will develop some aspects of Global Missions and strategies that is normally only developed in some YWAM second level courses.
- The training will take place 6 hours per week and cover the following areas:
I. God’s Nature and Character: Encountering God
II. God’s Intentions for Individuals, Peoples, and Nations: Seeing all of Life from God’s Perspective
III. God’s Redemption: Sin and the Cross: Recognizing Jesus as Lord
IV. God’s Family: His Children & His Church: Becoming More Like Jesus
V. God’s World: His Call & His Commission: Doing the Works of Jesus
VI. YWAM: A Response to God; Knowing God and Making Him Known
Divided in two Training Mission and Discipleship 1 and Mission and Discipleship 2
- Outreach will take place after or during training: on weekends or during vacation timeapply now or read more on the link below. The Program is planned to Start by March 15th 2017. Click on any of the courses below to read more about the specific.
Six YWAM UofN LCU credits (used in part times and extension studies programs) will be given for each of these Training with satisfactory completion of both Lecture and Outreach.
The Mission and Discipleship 1
This Part Time course will consist of a minimum 150 hours Lecture covering a period of 6 months and outreach of two to three week is expected through out the program or after completing the 150 hours lecture.
The Mission and discipleship 1 course cover the concept develop in a Standard DTS with half of the topics cover the other half being cover in Mission and Discipleship 2 :
Our Focus on this part One will be "Developing Godly Character" and "Reaching a Lost World" as student study throughout the 6 months associated to Bible reading and application, applying the principles gathered in their personal life, trusting God for Character transformation.
This Mission and Discipleship 1 is designed for :
- Persons who desire the content of the of the standard YWAM DTS but do not have the material time to complete a full residential course at the moment. To complete the full content of the DTS Students should also consider applying for the Mission and Discipleship2
- Persons who desire to Grown in their relationship with Jesus Christ and are willing to follow the program and it requirements.
- Persons who want to experience more that the four wall or a weekly church services
- Participant should preferably be able understand, read and write at least one of the language in witch the source is provided (English)
- Participants should be willing and able and committed to complete all weekly assignments
- Participants should be able to be available at least 6 hours each week (for six month) for lectures and find two to three contiguous weeks in conjunction with the other participants and at their convenience during their vacation for outreach activities; for weekly activities we are considering Wednesdays 5:30PM to 9:00 PM and Fridays 5:30 Pm to 9:00PM; when you apply let us know the days and hours that will be perfect for this will allow us to see how adjustments are possible.
The curriculum for this Course mainly cover the following topics :
- The Bible: basic of the biblical interpretation and application.
- Nature and the Character of God
- Hearing God' voice
- Reaching a Lost Word Bible Study and reading
- Relationships and family
- YWAM Missionary values
- Developing Godly Character
- The Divine plumb line
- The Father Heart of God
- One & one Coaching
- Stewardship servanthood
- Cultural Mandate/ the Kingdom of God Worldview
Teaching will be presented either directly by available or visiting missionaries (active or Veterans), live streaming when necessary or video tapes resources.
Six YWAM UofN LCU credits (use in part times an extension studies programs) will be given for this course with satisfactory completion of both Lecture and outreach.
The Mission and Discipleship 2
This Part Time course will consist of a minimum 160 hours lecture covering a period of 6 months for divided into 6 hours per week. an outreach of two to three week is expected through out the program or after completing the 160 hours lecture.
The Mission and discipleship 2 course cover the concept develop in a Standard DTS with half of the topics the other half being cover in Mission and Discileship 1 :
Our Focus on this part two will be "Being Useful to God" and "Knowing God's Heart " as student special focus study throughout the 6 months associated to bible reading and application of Principles leaned and trusting God for Character and perspective transformation.
This Discipleship & Mission 2 course is designed for persons who :
- desire the content of the standard YWAM DTS but do not have the material time to complete a full residential course at the moment. To complete the Standard DTS content the participant should have completed the Mission and Discipleship 1 course
- desire to Grown in their relationship With Jesus Christ and are willing to follow the program and it requirements.
- want to experience more than just the four wall or weekly church services
- Participant should preferably be able understand, read and write at least one of the language in witch the source is provided (English )
- willing and able and committed to complete all weekly assignments
- available to make at least 6 hours each week for the courses
Participant who have completed the course on Mission and Discipleship 1 should see this one as a natural natural next step
Participants should be able to be available at least 6 hours each week (for six month) for lectures and find two to three contiguous weeks in conjunction with other participants and at their convenience during their vacation for outreach activities; for weekly activities we are considering in Wednesday 5:30PM to 9:00 PM and Fridays 5:30 Pm to 9:00PM)
- 1. World Mission
- 2. Art in Ministry/ Faith and Finances
- 3. Being Useful to God
- 4. Community development and Biblical WorldView:Discipling nation Vision conference 5. Children Ministry
- 6. Worship & prayer
- 7. Intercessory prayer
- 8. Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
- 9. Knowing Gods's Heart
- 10. Team Building, dynamics Conflict Resolution, the roots and fruits of pride
- 11. Making Jesus Lord, Relinquishing rights the
- 12. Spiritual warfare
- 13. God's calling and Vision
- 14. Destiny by Design
Teaching will be presented either directly by available or visiting missionaries, live streaming or video tapes resources.
Six YWAM UofN LCU credits (use in part times and extension studies programs) will be given for this course with satisfactory completion of both Lecture and outreach.