We appreciate your commitment to stand with us in Missions, below is our October 2017 update. For more details on all section you can click on the “Read more Link” to read the details version on the web blog
With the end of the Summer we had hope to take a real break but this was without counting September back to school expecialy for Marylin Home Schooling.
We enjoy the Mariage coaching training sessions that Dave and Nancy are giving to a group of 6 couples on the Island at the YWAM base via video conferencing.
We can see some of the skills we are aquiring help us in some conflict resolution already in a wider setting .
We were unable to attend the UofN Conference in Costa Rica as planned but thanks to all who prayed for us. We are planing a week or so breack in Guadeloupe God willing and are considering a Missionary Care Foundations Course in January 2018. See link thanks for praying with us
We are continuing to invest in the lives of a dozen kids from the communities of Bocage, Gros Islet and Corinth every Sathurday afternoon; as the group grows we can apreciate the chalenges already.
We want to thank God for the volunteers He is sending to help, both from within and from far.
Sephora one of our past DTS student from Switzerland left after 6weeks of Service at the base,
Shawn Milton a youngh man from Jamaica came to commit about 6 months to help.
It is not wrong to say that we are short on staff. Please pray for God to send more long term volunteers for this ministry. We are gratefull for those short term or part time such as : Sephora, Shawn, Edrysha, Jacquie, Denise, Ruth & team, Manessa & Isiah, Joan, Cornelia, Ben, Melissa that He always sends our way when we are in need!
Last month we attended the Marriage of Nicole and Keegan that you know have served with us respectively for 4 years and one year. They commited to each other on Septembet 30th in a beatiful ceremony. We pray that God will bless them in the new journey and direct their plans for the future...
Trainings & Challenges
The level 1 of our Part Time Night Class (MDTS) just got completed by 4 students; three of whom aceptably. As we pray for the end of this phase we are also recruiting for another session of level 1 before eventualy launching the level 2 with a larger group.
Despite the fact that there are a few applications initiated for the full time DTS in January; we will only launch one if we have additional quality staff to run it.
Shawn is also preparing to start a series of Youth Week-end retreats geared at reaching and impacting youth on the Island; Thanks for praying with us !
We must admit that moving to this new location was a big step of Faith for a pioneering ministry like YWAM Saint Lucia.
So far God has helped us pay our rent most of the time a few weeks late. Just to say that we have to trust God every month for the provision for rent, utilities and other.
we are gratefull for the few that have commited to contribute monthly to help for some time.
please join us in prayer for long term and consistent comitments to support this ministrry. We understand that God needs to change mentalities... Being from the Southern Hemisphere and pioneering a ministry like YWAM in the Southern Hemisphere is not an easy chalenge, but, we trust in God's faithfulness! and pray he help us understand we are not just a mission field anymore. Thanks for praying and considering joining us in this challenge .
Praise God for:
- For the Part time and short term volunteers both local and foreign that are assisting us: Shawn, Edrysha, Jacquie, Denise, Ruth, Manessa & Isiah, Joan, Cornelia, Ben, Melissa.
- For sustaining this Ministry miraculously so far despite the fact that we have no substancial reliable sourse of support.
- For health and his grace that he renews every day
- For his protection on our families despite the relentless push from the enemy
- For a week break we want to take as a family some time soon
- For the on going Children Ministry and Youth Retreat training series being planned
- For provision of funds to cover the monthly rent for the base and a property for the ministry soon.
- For more long term staff. Matthew 9:37-38
- Provision to service the base vehicle.
- For Marylin as she considers attending the Missionary Care Foundations Course in January 2018. See link associated for details