Currently we spend between US$ 1200 to US$ 1350 Monthly in average monthly to rent a 5 bedroom house that is use as main YWAM base, housing our 3 full time staff and one family or 3. With Team arriving From time to we have to rent additional houses in the vicinity of the curent house or event Guest houses in order to house every one (large groups, above 12 peoples).
This situation seriously limit our ability to welcome new staff, short term volunteers and team.
This also cause us to spend must of the finances raised through volunteers donations in rent without expectation of owning the house or property at anytime.
We need to raise between US$ 2,000 and US$ 3000 per month to help with the rent of a reasonable size temporary campus. to house about 3 small family, 5 singles staff and the continual flow of short term volunteers.
With about 20 commitment of US$ 100 per month added to our actual volunteer contributions, we can reach this goal and more; Engaging in a long term property acquisition plan where the monthly rent is used instead to settle a longterm mortgage plan. giving us the flexibility to develop the ministry by investing in the long term.
Why do we need a property for YWAM in Saint Lucia
For the long term development of the Ministry of YWAM Saint Lucia that will include:
- a training centre with classrooms,
- a dormitories
- Workshops field for pilots projects
- Sport and recreation facilities etc...
A Property of 3 to 10 acres (1.5 to 4 hectares) should be enough. we have faith for a miracle provision.
Fulfilling The Vision
To respond to the call of God to be a front of the Caribbean wave
We are believing God to see develop here in Saint Lucia a Holistic Apostolic discipleship community centre Including among other:
- A training Component where trainings such as: DTS, SBS, Community development, with environment and renewable energy focus etc… integrated to the UofN Network, with Skill and Vocational centre
- A small to medium size pilot production unit integrating: Renewable energy, Aquaponic and Hydroponic systems, workshops. Resources generated will allow the YWAM Base to progressively cut down it's running cost, becoming sustainable.
- A resource centre Including a Library
- A Children ministry and centre (king’s Kids) with educational and recreational infrastructure fixe and mobile
- A Caribbean Wave centre welcoming, equipping and sending teams of volunteers from all nations to were ever the needs are in the nations
What could be develop long term
On a 3 to 10 acres Property to serve as YWAM Saint Lucia Centre: the development can be made in multiple phases (3 to 5)
- A 30 to 40 beds dormitory for on- campus single students, staff and volunteers but also a quarter for youth at risk that need to be equip in skills for life a discipleship environment.
- 5 or more small housing apartments for about small families (students or staff)
- 2 to 3 small Class room for training (Discipleship Training School, Community Development, Missions and more.) each average 20 students each
- 2 Workshops for skills training, maintenance, renewable energy, etc...
- A small Conference hall that can hold about 100 persons
- 2 small apartment to extend hospitality or a place where missionaries on break or passing by can rest.
- A Kitchen and refectory
- A multi sports area
- A Kids play ground
- Two prayer room
- A main office apartment
- A small to medium size pilot farm (1 to 3 acres) that can serve as training farm and supply some of the nutritional needs of the base, The farm can also serve as rehabilitation for person in need but also an organic production unit